A Nigerian movie shot by a Canadian/Nigeria film director, Pascal Atuma “Sweet Revenge” has made Kevin hart’s Just for Laugh Festival top 10 final shortlisted films in North America.
The movie – short film – will contest for the top five most popular comedy films which would be selected by fans to be screened at the Just For Laughs Festival on Thursday, July 26, 7 pm at the Phi Centre, Montreal.
Produced By Ola George & Pascal Atuma for Diamond Pictures Inc, Toronto, Canada, the movie stars Naomi Sundiata Nelson Morris, Lou Daniels, Bebe Obi- Okoye, Wendy German and Razie Brown- Stone.
The final winner of the Just For Laughs is expected to emerge through an online popularity vote for the 10 shortlisted films.
Aimed at selecting the funniest short comedy in the USA/Canada, the winner will be announced at the screening with the winner(s) receiving exclusive distribution of their short and long term deals with Kevin Hart’s Laugh Out Loud company and Lionsgate.
These are the 10 top films to feature in Just for Laugh movie festival
- Behind Closed Doors — Bianca Armbruster (Director)
- Curious Georgina — Feral Ozel (Director)
- Eat My Shorts Film Submission — Eduard Witzke (Director)
- Fowl Play — Rachel Cairns and Brendan Jeffers (Directors)
- Lyfe Crushers — Trevor Williams (Director)
- Sweet Revenge — Pascal Atuma (Director)
- The Application — Brenda Saucedo (Director)
- The Call — Eric Toth (Director)
- The Prologue — Maxwell Michael Towson (Director)
- Worry Warts — Laura Rudnicki and Lexy Paul (Director)